When determining whether or what type of individual liability coverage you need, it’s useful to consider any number of scenarios. Consider these:
- Fifty percent of all professional liability claims in pharmacy are wrong drug claims. We utilize our 30+ year claim study to assist members in managing potential threats.
- $35 is a small price to pay to
safeguard the investment you’ve
made in your education. If you
have a claim, you wouldn’t want
any other company working for you.
- What if you were named individually in a lawsuit and it required specific defense counsel?
- What if your current employer does not have the proper coverage in place to protect you?
- What if you provide COVID-19 testing or immunizations?
- What if you have a second job, volunteer, or give advice to a friend or neighbor?
- Are you covered for suits filed after you have terminated your employment?
- Are you provided with reimbursement for lost wages, licensing board hearing reimbursement, and defense costs?
- Are the employer policy limits high enough to protect you and all of your co-workers?
These types of questions can highlight the deficiencies in relying solely on your employer’s pharmacy coverage. An individual professional liability policy, such as those offered by Pharmacists Mutual, provides you peace of mind. In any claim or litigation, you have coverage, including attorney and legal representation, claims investigation, reimbursement of lost wages, and coverage of court costs.
With over 110 years’ experience in the pharmacy industry, Pharmacists Mutual understands the risks and challenges you face. Because the pharmacy industry is ever-changing and expanding, there is a proportional risk in professional liability exposure. The Pharmacists Mutual professional liability policy is specifically tailored to protect you and the investment you are making in your education.