Pharmacists Mutual cares very much about the well-being of our members. We support the rights of people to assemble and protest injustice peaceably. We stand opposed to any violence and destruction perpetrated by groups in the cities and towns we serve. We know you are concerned about the civil unrest that has impacted numerous areas of our nation these past years. Knowing that you have a trusted partner in Pharmacists Mutual during times like these is essential. You can be confident that we stand ready to respond to any hardship you or your business face.
We have been notified of possible disruptions at pharmacies due to planned protests from anti-abortion groups. The protest is in response to a recent FDA announcement for a certification process that allows brick and mortar pharmacies to sell the abortion pill mifepristone for the first time.
For this reason, we ask that you remain vigilant by taking some necessary precautions:
- Do not put yourself in harm’s way if it can be avoided
- Do not keep large amounts of cash on hand at your location
- If you are in an area where protests are planned or where unrest occurred last year, consider boarding your windows as a deterrent.
- Please ensure security measures are in place (alarms set, doors locked, safes secured, cameras operable, etc.
- Be available to answer after-hours calls from your security company.
- Contact your local police department/authorities to report any crime.
- Contact Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company 24/7 if you need to file a claim 800.247.5930.
The Pharmacists Mutual Risk Management Center at www.phmic.com has several tools available for our members, to ensure worksites are as safe as possible. Please reach out to our risk management staff at firstname.lastname@example.org new email if you need additional support.