Pharmacists Mutual cares very much about the well-being of our members. We support the rights of people to assemble and protest injustice peaceably. We stand opposed to any violence and destruction that is perpetrated by groups in the cities and towns that we serve. We know that you are concerned about the civil unrest that has impacted numerous areas of our nation this past year. It is essential to know that you have a trusted partner in Pharmacists Mutual during times like these. You can be confident that we stand ready to respond to any hardship faced by you or your business. As you are aware, a trial will soon begin against the police officer at the center of the George Floyd investigation. While we cannot predict the results of this matter, we can expect that tensions will be high.
For this reason, we ask that you remain vigilant by taking some necessary precautions:
- Do not put yourself in harm's way if it can be avoided.
- Do not keep large amounts of cash on hand at your location.
- If you are in an area where protests are planned or where unrest occurred last year, consider boarding your windows as a deterrent.
- Please ensure security measures are in place (alarms set, doors locked, safes secure, cameras operable, etc.)
- Be available to answer after-hours calls from your security company.
- Contact your local police department/authorities to report any crime.
- Contact Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company 24/7 if you need to file a claim 800.247.5930.
The Pharmacists Mutual Risk Management Center at www.phmic.com has several tools available for our members, to ensure worksites are as safe as possible. Please reach out to our risk management staff at firstname.lastname@example.org new email if you need additional support.